The electricity generated from biomass power plant to the Angkor Rice Mill that, in absence of the project activity, uses diesel oil to generate electricity for the rice mill operation. Besides from this, ABC provides surplus electricity to neighbouring factories and community through the power utility in Angsnoul District that, in the absence of the project activity, use diesel oil or batteries for their uses.
Project Impact and Secondary Benefits:
The project achieves GHG emissions reduction in three ways:
1) The GHG reduction is achieved through the use of rice husk which was previously left to decay in the open space, resulting in methane emissions;
2) The generated power is exported to the rice mill, which partially replaces power generated by their captive diesel power generator, contributing to GHG emissions associated with the diesel power plant;
3) The surplus generated power is supplied to the local power utility, providing electricity to the community living outside the project premises.
The Project has contributed to the improvement of economic, social and environmental well-being of the community through providing reliable electricity access to the rice mill as well as the neighbouring business and community.
- United Nations Certified Emissions Reductions (CERs)
- Biomass Energy
- CP1 + 2
- Block start: KH-5-1316657-2-2-0-363
- Block end: KH-5-1319156-2-2-0-363
Sustainable Development Co-Benefits
Want to support this Project?
For just £6.99 per month you can support this project any many others - planting 20 trees each month, an offsetting your complete Carbon Footprint each month - reversing your impact on climate change.
Time to save the world.